PER IDAHO STATUTE, Idaho Code §49-307(1), a student cannot enroll in driver's education without a permit number. Please do not enroll your student until you have the Instruction Permit number from the DMV. To order the permit, the student must be 14 years and 6 months old.
During the registration process, you will set up a username and password for your student. After payment has been made, give the student the username and password. The student will click the LOGIN button on our website and enter the username and password. The course will open and they can begin.
PLEASE DISREGARD THE START AND END DATES ON THIS PAGE OF OUR WEBSITE.
CONVENIENT, FAST, AFFORDABLE - $480 includes the online course & 6 hours of behind-the-wheel driving instruction with a certified driving instructor.
FAST FORWARD FUNDING CANNOT BE USED FOR THIS COURSE.
If you have had another student go through our course, please use a different email address for the new student's registration. Each student's course is attached to the email that you provide.
Online Courses are available through Phillips Driving Learner Portal. Coursework can be completed anywhere! We will set up driving times that work around your schedule to complete the driving portion of the course.
We use interactive online courses that meets national standards for online learning and is approved by the State of Idaho. This program allows the student to work at their own pace to complete the coursework.
Please note that our online course works out of the Idaho Driver Handbook. Please pick up a copy of the handbook at our office, 2361 S. Titanium Pl., Ste. 110, Meridian, ID (outside the front door in a black box) or at South Middle School, back by the tennis courts, under the staircase of the driver's eduction building. The handbooks are also available at the DMV. There is a PDF copy of the book in the Media Library along with a printable vocabulary list.
Once the student has completed 100% of the online program, you can contact us to schedule their 6 hours of private driving instruction. We will provide them with a certificate of completion. Their six months of the graduated licensing program begins upon delivery of the dated certificate of completion.
What to take to the DMV to order the Instruction Permit:
1. Your Student
2. Verification of Compliance letter (if student is under 18). The front office at the school that your student attends will issue this letter. If your student is home schooled, you will sign an affidavit at the DMV.
3. Birth Certificate: the DMV will not take a copy. Must be an original.
4. Social Security Number: bring the number or the card. You do not have to bring the card.
5. Qualifying Photo ID: student i.d. card (with photo), passport, yearbook, etc.
6. Parent ID
Appointment link for Ada County: https://dmvscheduling.adacounty.id.gov/qmaticwebbooking/#/
Appointment link for Canyon County: https://nqa3.nemoqappointment.com/Booking/Booking/Index/n1q2a3vIN ORDER TO BEGIN PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS
- Go to the DMV and order the Instruction Permit.
- Pay $480 in full to Phillips Driving School by credit card, money order, or cash.
- After payment has been made, the student then will login into the Phillips Driving School Website. Click the LOGIN button and use the username and password set up during registration process.
- Have the Idaho Driver Handbook at the ready during the class.
- Complete 100% of course work online.
- Contact us at 208-898-0120 to set up your 6 hours of private drive instruction - 3 appointments of 2 hours each.
- Start Driving!